When administering medicine intravenously, it can be difficult to find the best vein to insert the needle into. Aside from a brave few, most children and even some adults despise getting poked by needles. This makes it even more important to insert the needle correctly on the first attempt, for the patient may not be as relaxed or receptive on the second. Our pediatric arm trainer is an excellent tool for teaching future medical professionals the proper technique to find and access a child patient's vein.
Pediatric Arm Trainer Main Features:
1) Re-Usability. Instead of replacing an entire injection filled arm, simply replace the cartridge.
2) Durability. Finding a vein can be quite challenging, especially for students who are inexperienced. The pediatric arm trainer will sustain the wear and tear of the many practice attempts required to become competent in one's accessing and ultrasound technique. Our self sealing design allows for more access attempts per replacement cartridge. This lowers the frequency one needs to re-order, which will save you time and help your budget.
3) Anatomically Correct. When learning a procedure performed on a child, it is advantageous to practice on an identical trainer. Accordingly, our simulator's bones and blood vessels are all in the correct anatomical position, and its soft tissue provides an extremely realistic texture and feel for accurate palpation.
4) Ultra-Sonography. Our soft tissue not only feels incredible, its patented design provides beautiful ultrasound image results.
5) Pulsation. The pediatric arm trainer can be purchased alone or with a programmable/adjustable pump. When attached to the pump, the simulator's pulse can be changed to simulate a patient with a faint or strong pulse. The pump's fluid return block can be adjusted to create the amount of flashback desired.
After training with any of our soft tissue simulators (Vascular Access Arm Simulator & Femoral Access Simulator), students will emerge from the experience confident in their abilities and technique. This will result in better patient care and long fulfilling careers.
Additional Products You May Need...